[Users] best way to install claws-mail on Mint

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Fri Feb 4 10:32:09 UTC 2022

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:06:48 -0300
Martín Ricca <martin.ricca at vera.com.uy> wrote:

> I used the version that was in the repository briefly, when I first
> started using Claws about a year ago. The only issue I remember having
> with it is that all the text in the menus was in Spanish, as intended,
> but the headers for the columns in the list of messages were in English,
> and I could find no way of changing this.

That doesn't sound possible. You probably mean the toolbar text was English.
This could happen because the toolbar text is user-configurable but the
default is set based on the language you are using when you first run
claws-mail. So, the next time if you run in Spanish the toolbar text will
remain in English.

See /Configuration/Preferences/Toolbars/...

> I cannot say if the version in the repository is `too` old, but perhaps
> somebody more familiar with the changes made since will be able to tell
> you.

A summary of changes can be found here: https://claws-mail.org/NEWS

with regards

Paul