[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:07:48 UTC 2022

Hey there,

Dustin Miller wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>> /snap/gnome-3-38-2004/106/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0
>> /snap/gnome-3-38-2004/112/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0
>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0

>DM: Thanks for the additional info, LG. The third one looks similar
>or the same to what I used. After installing the package with
>Synaptic (package manager), I used the same program to open the
>properties for the dependency (library) that was installed with it,
>and found the path to the relevant file via the 'Installed Files'
>tab.

Good idea. It turns out my package manager doesn't list .so.0 files,
but this command turned up the same information you were able to get
from Synaptic, so it looks like I'm using the correct one:

dpkg -S gtk3-nocsd | grep so.0

>> If it doesn't work and the divider creeps up again, I'll try each
>> of the other two in turn.

>DM: Sounds like a plan. Let me know if you figure out anything useful
>and I'll do the same.

So far, so good, but it's only been since last night.

>I enjoy trying to figure these types of things out; only problem is
>trying to find the time to give to it. :)

I'm on the fence about that. Part of me enjoys it, but the other part
would rather that it just works.

>BTW, is KDE the default desktop environment (DE) for Kubuntu? If so,
>is that the DE you are using.

Yep, KDE Plasma is the  default desktop environment for Kubuntu and
it's what I'm using.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.