[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 08:55:10 UTC 2022

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 20:52:54 -0400
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dustin Miller wrote:
> >Little Girl wrote:
>
> >> After installing the gtk3-ncsd package yesterday, I had to adjust
> >> the height of the divider between the two right panes again today,
> >> so that's not a fix after all - at least not on my system. Claws
> >> Mail still needs occasional intervention on that divider.
>
> >DM: (1) Installing gtk3-ncsd package, creating ~/.xsessionrc file and
> >copy/pasting the code from the instructions into it as well as
> >adjusting the path to the relevant file.
>
> Yep. This is what I just did, too. We'll see if this solves it. It
> has made no visible difference to any of my GTK programs.
>
> >DM: It would be interesting to know what your system is and whether
> >you only installed the package, or whether you also attempted to
> >configure it in some way. ...
>
> It's Kubuntu 22.04 LTS and I had just installed the file from the
> Ubuntu repositories, but it's now configured.
>
> By the way, when I did a locate on the file, I had three of them, so
> I chose the last one since it wasn't in a Snap:
>
> /snap/gnome-3-38-2004/106/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0
> /snap/gnome-3-38-2004/112/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0

DM: Thanks for the additional info, LG. The third one looks similar or
the same to what I used. After installing the package with Synaptic
(package manager), I used the same program to open the properties for
the dependency (library) that was installed with it, and found the path
to the relevant file via the 'Installed Files' tab.

> If it doesn't work and the divider creeps up again, I'll try each of
> the other two in turn.

DM: Sounds like a plan. Let me know if you figure out anything useful
and I'll do the same. I enjoy trying to figure these types of things
out; only problem is trying to find the time to give to it. :) BTW, is
KDE the default desktop environment (DE) for Kubuntu? If so, is that
the DE you are using. Not sure if the DE would be a variable here, but
you never know (unless of course you're someone who *does* actually
know ;) ). Thanks, ---Dustin