[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 00:52:54 UTC 2022

Hey there,

Dustin Miller wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>> After installing the gtk3-ncsd package yesterday, I had to adjust
>> the height of the divider between the two right panes again today,
>> so that's not a fix after all - at least not on my system. Claws
>> Mail still needs occasional intervention on that divider.

>DM: Hi, LG. I was going to ask whether anyone had gotten this
>solution working on an Ubuntu-based system. I put a bit of time into
>a basic / simple / easy attempt(1) at it with CM 4.1.0 on Linux Mint
>(Ubuntu-based) 20.3 XFCE, but wasn't successful. I think Paul's
>comment about needing to install *and configure* it is probably key,
>and there's a good chance my lack of success is due to user error or
>just needing to figure out how to tweak the configuration
>instructions for my system. So I'll probably just need to give some
>more to troubleshooting this and learning more about these things.

Well, I had installed it, but not configured it. I've now done
that.

>DM: (1) Installing gtk3-ncsd package, creating ~/.xsessionrc file and
>copy/pasting the code from the instructions into it as well as
>adjusting the path to the relevant file.

Yep. This is what I just did, too. We'll see if this solves it. It
has made no visible difference to any of my GTK programs.

>DM: It would be interesting to know what your system is and whether
>you only installed the package, or whether you also attempted to
>configure it in some way. In any case, thanks for your update on
>this.

It's Kubuntu 22.04 LTS and I had just installed the file from the
Ubuntu repositories, but it's now configured.

By the way, when I did a locate on the file, I had three of them, so
I chose the last one since it wasn't in a Snap:

/snap/gnome-3-38-2004/106/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0
/snap/gnome-3-38-2004/112/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk3-nocsd.so.0

If it doesn't work and the divider creeps up again, I'll try each of
the other two in turn.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.