[Users] Theme installation - couldn't create directory ?

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 06:02:03 UTC 2022

PPS:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 07:51:19 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:46:21 +1000, Peter Richards wrote:
>>The installation section, as described at
>>https://www.claws-mail.org/themes.php won't work as a CM user is not
>>'root'. Not on a *nix box.
>
>Hi,
>
>you don't need to be root! The installation instructions don't mention
>that you need to be root.
>
> "Untar the package.
> Start Claws Mail.
> Go to /Configuration/Preferences.../Display/Themes
> Click the 'Install new' button and locate the theme directory.
> Click 'OK'"
>
>As user without root privileges you can untar the package where ever
>you want. After that you can use the theme with Claws by selecting the
>path were you installed it by
               ^^^^^^^^^
               installed is for untaring it in whatever path you want,
               if you are allowed to write to that path, for example
               the path $HOME can be used by a user.

               I used the phrase "use the theme with Claws", not
               "install" to clearly distinguish between installing
               (untaring) on a drive and making it a the theme used by
               Claws.