[Users] Theme installation - couldn't create directory ?

Manfred Schmitt claws at slashproc.org
Sat Apr 16 11:00:17 UTC 2022

Ralf Mardorf via Users wrote:

>  "Untar the package.
>  Start Claws Mail.
>  Go to /Configuration/Preferences.../Display/Themes
>  Click the 'Install new' button and locate the theme directory.
>  Click 'OK'"

There is no OK button but a requester "Should the theme be installed
for all users?" (atleast in Claws 3.17.3).
Choosing no works as expected here, the untarred theme was copied to
"~/.claws-mail/themes".
But choosing yes results (obviously) in the permission denied error.
So I would asume Peter always tries to install the theme for all users.
On which constellation this should work?
I hope no one runs claws as a super user and it seems to me (without
digging into the source) there is no logic to escalate the rights to
"root" via su, sudo or however this must be implemented in other OS?

Bye,
Manne