[Users] Theme installation - couldn't create directory ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 16 02:29:47 UTC 2022

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:59:28 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> and as the theme message seems permission related, I'll reinstall CM
> from Synaptic and try the theme installation again.

Reinstalled CM from Synaptic, tried the theme install again, same error
message. Ran debug - "/usr/share/claws-mail: mkdir: Permission denied"

Looked in the lists; 2 related it seems

https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2015-October/014316.html

https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2019-November/025056.html

Created  $HOME/.claws-mail/themes as per the suggestion in the list,
however the theme installation still had the same error.

Have even manually created the directory (/usr/share/claws-mail/themes)
same msg though. Although I would need to give other users (besides
root) permission to write to it.

There is a claws-mail-themes package in Synaptic, but it looks a few
years old.

Cheers,

Peter
--
Peter Richards

Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those who have
been there (Lars Muhl)