[Users] IMAP: Offline Deleting or Moving, Then Online Execution?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:11:21 CEST 2021

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:44:59 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if the following should be possible with a Claws IMAP
> account:
>
> 1. While Claws is offline, I delete or move a message.
>
> 2. While still offline, I close/exit Claws.
>
> 3. I restart Claws.
>
> 4. I take Claws online, and when folders are synced, the action I took
> in #1 is executed.

DM: I'm guessing this is something where an essential feature of IMAP
results in it not being compatible with my particular use case. My
resolution to it was to just migrate my folder tree from the IMAP
mailbox to an MH mailbox and then set up a filter that sends everything
from my IMAP inbox to my MH inbox. This also avoids the extra bits of
processing time it took every time I wanted to open, move, or delete an
email from the IMAP mailbox. I 'won't mention' the 'wasted' time of
migrating my folder tree from an MH mailbox to an IMAP mailbox and then
back again. ;) But I guess it's all part of the learning process. :)
Cheers, ---Dustin