[Users] mailinglist answers and Followup-To

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 17:05:13 CEST 2021

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:59:45 +0000
<c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:

> I tried the "reply to mailinglist" button.
>
> But I do not see a difference to the usual "reply" button.

Could be that

* you have 'reply button invokes mailing list reply' set

* the mailing list in question is not setting the appropriate List-* headers

* the email you are replying to has the Reply-To header set

> What I would expect is that the reply mail's To-field is set to the
> mailinglist-address. And second and very important the Follow-Up-field
> is set to the mailinglist-address, too.

You are probably talking about the Followup-To header, which is an NNTP
header.

with regards

Paul