[Users] Reply function for "sent" mails

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Thu May 20 12:57:49 CEST 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021 12:41:11 +0200, MatN via Users
<users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Oops, earlier I accidentally sent the reply to Milan only, not to the
> user list. Sorry.
>
> I stand corrected.
> On received messages, you see a reply button if you have opened the
> actual message in a separate window (which is how we normally use it)
> On sent messages, you don't have this button, which is why I asked
> the question. I now see you can reply to a selected message in the
> "sent" folder via the reply button of the main screen.

[ snip ]

I do not use it this way - I just see a message in message pane of main
window. If I like to reply, I do it from main window - less clicking :)

However, if I try the way you describe, there is a difference - when I
double click a message, separate message view window opens. Reply
button is there. If I double click a message in Sent folder, it opens
in compose window. No reason to put Reply button here, I think.

So maybe this subtle difference escaped from your view. I did not know
until today - my way is a bit different and I just did not test it this
way before.

Regards,
Milan