[Users] Claws-mail and "Exchange online".

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Mar 31 13:23:35 CEST 2021

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 06:58:58 -0400
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> DM: Thanks, Michael, good to know. I've set up my account with IMAP
> using oauth2 support but have not yet been able to get Claws to
> authenticate. I previously agreed to give the Claws program permission
> to access the account. When I click on the button to copy the
> auth-code to the clipboard it takes me to the account's webmail login
> page. Once I've logged in, I just see a blank page (is this expected
> behavior currently?) but it does seem to have copied an URL to the
> clipboard, which I'm assuming is the authorization code. I then paste
> this into the auth-code field, but when I click on the button to
> authorize (final step in the 'oauth2' section of the account config),
> I don't see any sign or evidence that anything has happened. Right
> after setting up the account, Claws tried to access it in order to
> download emails but the authentication failed. In looking at the
> network log, it showed that this IMAP account was un-authenticated,
> so presumably there is something wrong with my setup unless it's a
> bug of some kind.

After authentication you have to manually copy the URL from the address
field in your browser and paste that into claws. What is in the clip
board is the authenticate request and not the response the response as
stated above is what you see in the browser address field so copy this
and paste that into claws and the click authorize and it should work
for the next 30 days. When the 30 days are over you will have to redo
the process of authorization.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Odd that we think definitions are definitive.   :-)
		-- Larry Wall in <199702221943.LAA20388 at wall.org>