[Users] Claws-mail and "Exchange online".

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:58:58 CEST 2021

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:51:05 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 20:12:42 -0400
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > DM: Michael, are you successfully using this with the Exchange
> > ActiveSync protocol, or are you just using the IMAP or POP3
> > protocols with oauth2 support? ---Dustin
>
> IMAP

DM: Thanks, Michael, good to know. I've set up my account with IMAP
using oauth2 support but have not yet been able to get Claws to
authenticate. I previously agreed to give the Claws program permission
to access the account. When I click on the button to copy the auth-code
to the clipboard it takes me to the account's webmail login page. Once
I've logged in, I just see a blank page (is this expected behavior
currently?) but it does seem to have copied an URL to the clipboard,
which I'm assuming is the authorization code. I then paste this into
the auth-code field, but when I click on the button to authorize (final
step in the 'oauth2' section of the account config), I don't see any
sign or evidence that anything has happened. Right after setting up the
account, Claws tried to access it in order to download emails but the
authentication failed. In looking at the network log, it showed that
this IMAP account was un-authenticated, so presumably there is
something wrong with my setup unless it's a bug of some kind.

DM: Do you have any advice on how to set up an IMAP account with oauth2
support or how I could troubleshoot this? I can also provide more
information if needed, and may be able to do some testing if that would
be helpful for the ongoing development.

DM: Also, in regards to the oauth2 branch, is there currently a goal to
eventually provide support for the Exchange ActiveSync protocol, or
only to provide oauth2 support for IMAP and POP3? Thanks for your
continued efforts in helping to develop Claws for all of its users.
Best, ---Dustin