[Users] Claws-mail and "Exchange online".

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 22 22:58:28 CET 2021

Thanks to everyone who responded to my cri de coeur. Two possible
solutions to my problem were suggested.

Michael Rasmussen suggested that I could build claws-mail myself from
the oauth2 branch on github.  I have enquired of the PTBs at the
U. of Auckland if this would be acceptable to them.

Ivan Krylov asked "Could the U. of A. people let you use an "app
password"?  I'm not really sure what this means, or what its
implications would be, but I've likewise enquired of the PTBs if
this would be possible.

Depending on the answers I get from the PTBs I may get back to this
list with further questions (e.g. perhaps requests for guidance in
installing the oauth2 branch).

Thanks again.

cheers,

Rolf Turner