[Users] Installing from GIT

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 20:13:12 CET 2021

I am wanting to learn how to install Claws from GIT and have the
following questions:

* 1. Is there an URL I can use to clone the complete source code (i.e.
  including all currently existing branches)? The URL I found on the
  website (https://git.claws-mail.org/readonly/claws.git) only includes
  the master branch, and it doesn't look like any other branches are
  browsable via the website.

* 2. If the answer to #1 above is 'No', are there separate URLs for
  each of the non-master branches that could be used to clone them?

* 3. Is there a partial or complete list somewhere of what additional
  dependencies are needed for building / installing from GIT versus
  from a release tarball?

* 4. Am I right in thinking that I could take either of the following
  approaches at the beginning of the build process?:
* a. Run ./autogen.sh and then run ./configure with the options I want.
* b. Only run ./autogen.sh but include the 'configure' options with it
  somehow.

Let me know if you can answer any/all of the above questions and/or
whether you have any additional tips/info you think might be helpful.

Thanks,
Dustin