[Users] Installing from GIT

Jakub T. Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Fri Mar 19 20:27:33 CET 2021

By default git show only base branch (master or main if someone changed the
name)

Try

git branch -a

that will show all remote branches then use git checkout to create local
branch for remote.

To get list of dependencies you can run ./configure it it will show error if
something is missing.

To install you can use standard:

./configure && make && make install

but for git to get configure script you need to run autogen.sh you can use
configure script to setup the installation.

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:13:12 -0400
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wanting to learn how to install Claws from GIT and have the
> following questions:
>
> * 1. Is there an URL I can use to clone the complete source code (i.e.
>   including all currently existing branches)? The URL I found on the
>   website (https://git.claws-mail.org/readonly/claws.git) only includes
>   the master branch, and it doesn't look like any other branches are
>   browsable via the website.
>
> * 2. If the answer to #1 above is 'No', are there separate URLs for
>   each of the non-master branches that could be used to clone them?
>
> * 3. Is there a partial or complete list somewhere of what additional
>   dependencies are needed for building / installing from GIT versus
>   from a release tarball?
>
> * 4. Am I right in thinking that I could take either of the following
>   approaches at the beginning of the build process?:
> * a. Run ./autogen.sh and then run ./configure with the options I want.
> * b. Only run ./autogen.sh but include the 'configure' options with it
>   somehow.
>
> Let me know if you can answer any/all of the above questions and/or
> whether you have any additional tips/info you think might be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Dustin

Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Web Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me