[Users] Parsing mails imported from some archive done wrong [Fix done]

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Mon Mar 8 08:23:21 CET 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 09:06:36 -0500, slitt at troubleshooters.com wrote:

> >Hi,
> >
> >I am often downloading mailing list archives when doing reasearch in
> >some area and sometimes mails show up with wrong properties in
> >message summary view part of main window. I am attaching one mail
> >which is displayed wrong here, file taken from imap cache.
> >
> >I am displaying mark, subject, from, status, attachment, size and
> >date fields in my summary. For this particular mail summary line is
> >
> >(No Subject) | (No From) | 801B | 2009-01-01 05.31
> >
> >Other mails often shows (No Date) in date field with no apparent
> >reason for this. Could someone look at mail provided to check where
> >is the issue?
>
> Like you, my Claws-Mail connects directly to an IMAP, and in the past
> I've had a problem that sounds something like yours. I finally found a
> workaround for my problem. Just in case we're dealing with the same
> problem, take a look at these two emails:
>
> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-February/027818.html
>
> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-February/027819.html

In my case issue was CR LF as line ending on header lines in mails
downloaded via crawler script. I wrote simple perl script to remove
them and do some sorting using Date header of mails. Doing it manually
was not an option, that would mean editing ~ 3500 files, error prone.

Now I am reading those mails and trying to find interesting ones.

Regards,
Milan