[Users] Parsing mails imported from some archive done wrong

slitt at troubleshooters.com slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Mar 7 15:06:36 CET 2021

>Hi,
>
>I am often downloading mailing list archives when doing reasearch in
>some area and sometimes mails show up with wrong properties in message
>summary view part of main window. I am attaching one mail which is
>displayed wrong here, file taken from imap cache.
>
>I am displaying mark, subject, from, status, attachment, size and date
>fields in my summary. For this particular mail summary line is
>
>(No Subject) | (No From) | 801B | 2009-01-01 05.31
>
>Other mails often shows (No Date) in date field with no apparent reason
>for this. Could someone look at mail provided to check where is the
>issue?

Like you, my Claws-Mail connects directly to an IMAP, and in the past
I've had a problem that sounds something like yours. I finally found a
workaround for my problem. Just in case we're dealing with the same
problem, take a look at these two emails:

https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-February/027818.html

https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-February/027819.html

SteveT