[Users] Corrupted subjects and dates in email list <SOLVED by workaround>

slitt at troubleshooters.com slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Feb 15 21:46:12 UTC 2021

9 years after this 5/22/2012 email (which follows the text of my
2/15/2021 post), I finally formulated a damage repair procedure for
rare corrupted subjects and dates in the email list, a situation in
which the author, subject and date in the message body is correct, but
the subject and date in the message list is the subject and date of a
different email you've received...

Step 1: Write down all corrupt messages you find. Info written down
   includes author, subject, date, and folder from the message list, and
   the same information from the message body.

Step 2: Rebuild folder tree. My findings are that the rebuild alone
        doesn't solve the problem, although it probably removes the
        problem's root cause.

Step 3: Make a new folder and move the corrupted messages to it. My
        observation is that after the move, those messages now have the
        correct author, subject and date in the message list.

Step 4: Move the repaired messages back to their original folder.

This is a rare situation, but if you ever find yourself in it, this
workaround can cleanse your corruption.

SteveT