[Users] Dark theme for Windows

Earl Hood earlhood.eps at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 19:08:05 CEST 2021

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:16 PM Jonathan Boeing wrote:
> You can use procmon to trace what Claws is trying to load:
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Thanks for the pointer.

Using procmon, it appears that Claws, at least on Windows, overrides
what theme I specify in my .gtkrc-2.0 file.  Procmon shows the file
getting read and the associated theme I specified, but later on, Claws
loads its own MS-Windows theme, which appears to override any settings
from the theme specified in my personal .gtkrc-2.0 file.

In procmon, I saw that Claws tries to access the following,

  %USERPROFILE%\.themes\MS-Windows\gtk-2.0\gtkrc

after reading my theme files but before it attempts to read its
MS-Windows gtkrc under the installation location.  Therefore, as a hack,
I copied a theme to %USERPROFILE%\.themes\MS-Windows and finally saw
changes to the Claws UI.

I can work with the hack now, but there should be a way to prevent Claws
from overriding the theme with its "MS-Windows" theme, or it should load
that first before user-specified theme (if possible).

--ewh