[Users] Dark theme for Windows

Earl Hood earlhood.eps at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 01:35:00 CEST 2021

I am trying to set up Claws Mail 3.18.0 on a Windows 10 system.
I am having difficulty getting claws to use any gtk theme.

I have placed GTK themes under the following location:

  %USERPROFILE%\.themes

I created the following file:

  %USERPROFILE%\.gtkrc-2.0

And added the entry:

  gtk-theme-name="<theme-name-here>"

This setup works for another GTK-based MUA program (Sylpheed),
but it is not working for Claws.  How can I get Claws to use a
GTK theme?  I think Claws will be a good alternative then having
to use Outlook for work email (mainly because I can configure it to
use gvim to edit emails), but the default theme is too bright.

Any help would be appreciated,

--ewh