[Users] Claws Mail 3.18.0 and 4.0.0 unleashed!!! Message sent on July 10th, no replies. Did it get to the list?

Gil Weber gilweber at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 23:47:43 CEST 2021

Sorry for top-posting. I bottom-posted my original message but the
reply below top-posted so I'll continue the same to avoid confusion.

Thanks. wwp for this helpful reply. I guess I'll have to do some deeper
digging vis-a-vis flatpack. (Maybe when I upgrade from Mint 19.0 to 20.2
I'll be able to avoid the whole flatpack problem.)

3.18.0 vs 4.0.0 and, consequently choosing GTK2 vs GTK 3 is beyond my
skill level. So maybe when I upgrade to Mint 20.2 the choice will be
made for me.

One question remains vis-a-vis backing up my ClawsMail Mint 19.0 files
for reinstallation to CM in Mint 20.2. I see the two you noted below,
entire ~/.claws-mail directory and ~/Mail    Thank you.

But for reinstallation into either 3.18.0 or 4.0.0 will they go back
into the same places or have locations changed from CM 19.0 to 20.2?

And, yes, I regularly backup my entire home and root partitions.

Thanks again. Appreciate your wisdom.  :o)