[Users] Filter for 'from keith, ken, jack , mary, etc' move to folder

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:40:06 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 14:30:21 +1100
Keith Bainbridge <ke1thozgroups at gmx.com> wrote:

> G'day folks
>
> Spasmodic user over the years, trying to convert.
>
> I'd like to create a filter that moves mail to/from several people to
> one folder.
>
> Typical example is family members.  Another is the several email
> groups I am in, like this one.
>
> Searching the web has proven fruitless. And I can't see anything in
> help.
>
> Any pointers, please?

This was mentioned in another reply by wwp and this is exactly what I
do.

I have a Address book called Family which contains the addresses of my
family. I created a Filter rule called Family; Accounts: All,
Condition: Address book, select Family (the file name is used, e.g.,
addrbook-000007.xml), Header: From, Content: Found. My Action is to
move to my Family folder.

I do this with a few other address books also. For example I have
friends who forward stuff. I have an address book
called Forwarders these folks go in that one and I have a rule that
move the email to another sub folder called Forwarders.

Chris