[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 20:48:28 UTC 2021

Em 28/12/2021 17:40, Brian Morrison escreveu:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 17:32:55 -0300
> Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> Em 28/12/2021 14:17, Paul escreveu:

>>> Stop using thunderbird and start using claws-mail. That's it. The behaviour
>>> is the same. Or vice-versa and let this whole thread become a distant, fading
>>> memory.
>> The behaviour is not the same because i received 2 messages in an
>> account that is only configured in CM. I only saw them when i eventually
>> (for no special reason) looked at the CM window, which had this inbox
>> selected and shown. They were just unread, but not new, as i expected,
>> in this case.
>>

> I can only say that I have been using CM and Dovecot IMAP for years
> with multiple MUAs and I never have any problems with new, unread or
> read email in any MUA.
>
> CM's IMAP implementation has been stable forever. I do occasionally use
> Thunderbird, it is entirely functional and acts in the same way.
>
> Make of that what you will.

It has been hard for me making CM work in the same way. There are things
it does different, like the way to deal with HTML, which i will show in
another board. For now, i have this first problem to be solved, which
will allow me to completely move a few accounts from TB to CM.

CM has features i think i will like very much, when i use them. But i am
unable to some basic things first.