[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Dec 28 20:40:07 UTC 2021

On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 17:32:55 -0300
Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Em 28/12/2021 14:17, Paul escreveu:
> > On Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:45:43 -0300
> > Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
> >
> >> How can i obtain this behaviour from Claws Mail?
> > Stop using thunderbird and start using claws-mail. That's it. The behaviour
> > is the same. Or vice-versa and let this whole thread become a distant, fading
> > memory.
>
> The behaviour is not the same because i received 2 messages in an
> account that is only configured in CM. I only saw them when i eventually
> (for no special reason) looked at the CM window, which had this inbox
> selected and shown. They were just unread, but not new, as i expected,
> in this case.

I can only say that I have been using CM and Dovecot IMAP for years
with multiple MUAs and I never have any problems with new, unread or
read email in any MUA.

CM's IMAP implementation has been stable forever. I do occasionally use
Thunderbird, it is entirely functional and acts in the same way.

Make of that what you will.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde