[Users] Typing Issue on Windows

Jerry Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Aug 20 11:28:49 UTC 2021

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 02:42:07 -0700, Jonathan Boeing stated:
>On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 14:05:31 +0530
>Jim Pachowski <jimmy.patch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I just installed the latest Windows release on a fresh installation
>> on Windows 10 and am facing a peculiar issue.
>
>Latest being 3.18 or 4.0?
>
>> The following characters do not show up unless I type an alphabet
>> after them: 1. , (comma)
>> 2. < (left angle bracket)
>> 3. . (period)
>> 4. - (hyphen)
>
>Does the cursor move after you type an affected character? Can you
>highlight missing characters with the mouse?  What happens if you type
>multiple affected characters in a row?
>
>> The problem is only with these 4 characters and only within Claws
>> Mail in any text input context (mail editor or even preferences
>> dialog box text entry fields)
>>
>> I'm on Windows 10 and checked on my old Windows 7 which does not show
>> this problem. I'm stumped.
>
>What are your language settings for Windows and Claws?  Are you using a
>non-English keyboard?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jonathan

,
<
.
-

They all seem to be working fine here.

Version: 3.18.0

Installation file: claws-mail-3.18.0-2-32bit.exe

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.33 / GLib 2.66.8
Locale: en_US (charset: ISO-8859-1)
Operating System: Win32

Edition	Windows 10 Pro
Version	21H2
Installed on	‎11/‎29/‎2020
OS build	19044.1200
Experience	Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

--
Jerry