[Users] Typing Issue on Windows

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Fri Aug 20 09:42:07 UTC 2021

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 14:05:31 +0530
Jim Pachowski <jimmy.patch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I just installed the latest Windows release on a fresh installation on
> Windows 10 and am facing a peculiar issue.

Latest being 3.18 or 4.0?

> The following characters do not show up unless I type an alphabet
> after them: 1. , (comma)
> 2. < (left angle bracket)
> 3. . (period)
> 4. - (hyphen)

Does the cursor move after you type an affected character? Can you
highlight missing characters with the mouse?  What happens if you type
multiple affected characters in a row?

> The problem is only with these 4 characters and only within Claws Mail
> in any text input context (mail editor or even preferences dialog box
> text entry fields)
>
> I'm on Windows 10 and checked on my old Windows 7 which does not show
> this problem. I'm stumped.

What are your language settings for Windows and Claws?  Are you using a
non-English keyboard?

Regards,

Jonathan