[Users] I seem to be missing something in respect of the "Fancy" plugin.

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Aug 1 07:05:59 CEST 2021

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 11:54:58 +1200, Rolf Turner
<r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:29:15 +0200
> Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 17:25:22 +1200, Rolf Turner wrote:
> >
> > > What am I missing?  Should I have taken some special measure when
> > > installing claws-mail 4.0.0?
> >
> > Have you built it yourself? In that case, the "configure" process
> > displays a summary of what plugins will be built. It also displays
> > related details to met/missing build requirements.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> I built it myself.  Looked at config.log just now and found the line:
>
> > configure:23158: WARNING: "Plugin fancy will not be built; missing
> > libwebkit2gtk-4.0 "
>
> So I tried
>
>     sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-4.0
>
> but got
>
> > : Unable to locate package libwebkitgtk-4.0
> > E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libwebkitgtk-4.0'
> > E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libwebkitgtk-4.0'
>
> Any ideas?

I think you should try to get libwebkit2gtk-4.0, as seen in config.log
file, not libwebkitgtk-4.0 - see the difference? I am not Linux user,
but, incidentaly, I just built fancy plugin on FreeBSD, and additional
dependency was www/webkit2-gtk3 (note the '2' in port name).

Regards,
Milan