[Users] I seem to be missing something in respect of the "Fancy" plugin.

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 07:46:36 CEST 2021

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 07:05:59 +0200, Milan Obuch wrote:
>I think you should try to get libwebkit2gtk-4.0, as seen in config.log
>file, not libwebkitgtk-4.0 - see the difference? I am not Linux user,
>but, incidentaly, I just built fancy plugin on FreeBSD, and additional
>dependency was www/webkit2-gtk3 (note the '2' in port name).

That should work for FreeBSD and a Linux distro such as Arch
Linux, where the "bundle" from upstream isn't split into several
packages.

On Arch Linux it's extra/webkit2gtk.

However, Ubuntu/Debian and probably other DEB based distros split the
packages. IOW at runtime libwebkit2gtk is needed, but to get the
headers, to build Claws against it, libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev needs to be
installed.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/webkit2gtk
https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal-updates/libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev

I'm surprised to see