[Users] Support for 'Exchange ActiveSync' Protocol

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Apr 1 08:37:49 CEST 2021

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:40:10 -0400
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason I'm asking is because my employer has informed me that they
> will be doing the following in relation to the management of our
> company's email addresses (hosted on Microsoft's servers):
>
> * 1. Disabling POP access in the very near future.
> * 2. Disabling IMAP access eventually.
> * 3. Using only the EAS protocol.

As I recall your employer is a university and therefore you should take
the above information with a gran of salt. The proprietary protocol EAS
is not supported and will never be supported in any form or shape by
Apple which means your university will loose 50-75% of its students.
The board of directors will hardly accept this. The story was the same
on the university where I am employed but since most of the scientific
staff and 70% of the students uses computers, phones, and tablets from
Apple this idea only survived until the first board of directors
meeting was held after the decision was announced ;-)

Therefore you can rest assure that, at least, IMAP will never be
disabled, though using OAUTH2 which is about to be included in claws.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Use the good features of a language; avoid the bad ones.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)