[Users] foreground color -- was: Re: background color

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 09:00:34 CEST 2020

On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 01:40:29 -0400, Pierre Fortin wrote:
>I've never messed with any theme.
>All I find is the theme is "clawsola" which appears to only have .png
>files.  I fired up CM2 and discovered the fg is white, while it's black
>on CM3...  Same .claws-mail & clawsrc...

Hi,

the windows theme is not a Claws setting. It's a GTK3 (or GTK2) setting.

>Watched CM startup with lsof and strace; but don't see any gtk or theme
>files that contain anything obvious...
>
>I thought it was my eyes; but it's CM2(white/blue) vs
>CM3(black/blue)...

The window theme usually set by gtk-theme-name is in
.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini for GTK3 and in .gtkrc-2.0 for GTK2.
However, a desktop environment might override those settings. I'm using
the openbox window manager without a desktop environment and the GTK2
and GTK3 Arc theme, with a few changes done by me. Unfortunately I
didn't maintain my version of the theme.

A screenshot of Claws GTK2 done in 2018: https://i.imgur.com/vczASne.png
A screenshot of Claws GTK3 done in 2018: https://i.imgur.com/X1XDeHk.png

The same issue, but the used theme IMO has got a better contrast then
the one you are using.

Regards,
Ralf