[Users] OAUTH2 patch for SMTP and token refresh

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Oct 26 17:31:42 CET 2020

Hi,

I'm using Claws Mail with the OAUTH2 patch with G Suite.  However, I'm
using it in a slightly unusual way.  I am only using it for SMTP and not
for IMAP; what I do is fetch all my mail from G Suite using "getmail"
and store it in my own IMAP server.  For sending, however, I have to use
Google's SMTP server.

Anyway... it works well except SMTP auth starts failing after about an
hour unless I manually refresh the token.  I assume that normally the
IMAP code would refresh the token automatically, and because I'm not
doing that, it's failing.  Would it be possible to make the SMTP code
automatically refresh the token also?

Regards,

Dianne.