[Users] That won't work.

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:34:27 CEST 2020

Hey there,

Ralf Mardorf via Users wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:
>>Ralf Mardorf via Users wrote:

>>>PS: Did you consider to set up a search folder for new mails?

>>Not yet. How would I do that? And would using that to get at my
>>emails interfere with the custom templates that would be set up in
>>the individual folders that the messages are in? My whole reason for
>>the switch to a new organization method would be to get at the magic
>>of the custom templates.

>I'm using three MUAs. One for suspect contacts, where I assume to
>receive more spam, than meaningful emails. It's sylpheed and it runs
>as another user. The other tow MUAs are Claws and Evolution, run by
>the logged in user, retrieving the same mails, using different
>methods of filtering and handling mails.

That's far more fancy than my setup. I just use Claws for all my mail.

>I'm used to use search folders when using Evolution, not when using
>Claws.

Ah, a search of a folder. I had somehow gotten the impression that
you were talking about a special folder that holds search results or
something.

>Claws provides a search folder feature, too, but I don't use
>it, so I do not know, if it behaves as I expect to behave.

No idea, but it offers the ability to search on the "From:" and/or
"To:" and/or "Subject:" and/or "Body:" fields. I've used the Claws
Mail search in the past, but I don't see a way to search by date with
it. There's always grep, which I usually use for my searches.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.