[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 02:25:38 CEST 2020

>On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 16:03:57 +0200 claws at dragony.name wrote:
>> So if I understand you correctly, lets say I have 400 different
>> addresses. I would need to create 400 accounts and 400 folders? This
>> is very inconvenient and is not really a solution.

One of my claws accounts, is for one address, but I can use this account
by just replacing the address with another address, when editing an
email, just by editing the "From" header, not by editing the account
settings. Mails sent to both addresses are retrieved via this one claws
account, for just one of those addresses. For alias addresses there's
no need to set up several claws accounts.

However, the more addresses being used, the more you need to manage.
When using your own server, you won't suffer from changes done by an
ISP, but even then you still need to manage the addresses. I'm using
spam filters and other measures, too. However, all the measures cause
some amount of additional work, too.

"More" does not result in "less". Much likely a Sesame Street song does
explain this.