[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sat Oct 10 15:22:52 CEST 2020

Hello,

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:14:50 +0200 claws at dragony.name wrote:

> I have many different e-mail accounts and all mails are forwarded to my main mail account. Unfortunately when I reply to a mail, claws automatically fills in my primary e-mail address in the from-field, which is absolutely not desired. I always have to edit the from-field by hand to change it to the e-mail address originally used by the sender, i.e. the e-mail address saved in the former to-field.
[snip]

I'd suggest to:
 - use filtering rules at incorporation in order to distribute incoming
   emails to different folders, following the account that is
   forwarding. One folder per forwarding address. See
   Configuration/Filtering.
 - in every of these folders, define a default account to use (right
   click the folder, Properties, Compose, set the default account).

Regards,

--
wwp
https://useplaintext.email/