[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

claws at dragony.name claws at dragony.name
Sat Oct 10 16:03:57 CEST 2020

Ihre Mail vom Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:22:52 +0200:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:14:50 +0200 claws at dragony.name wrote:
>
> > I have many different e-mail accounts and all mails are forwarded to my main mail account. Unfortunately when I reply to a mail, claws automatically fills in my primary e-mail address in the from-field, which is absolutely not desired. I always have to edit the from-field by hand to change it to the e-mail address originally used by the sender, i.e. the e-mail address saved in the former to-field.
> [snip]
>
> I'd suggest to:
>  - use filtering rules at incorporation in order to distribute incoming
>    emails to different folders, following the account that is
>    forwarding. One folder per forwarding address. See
>    Configuration/Filtering.
>  - in every of these folders, define a default account to use (right
>    click the folder, Properties, Compose, set the default account).
>
> Regards,

So if I understand you correctly, lets say I have 400 different addresses. I would need to create 400 accounts and 400 folders? This is very inconvenient and is not really a solution. I just want claws mail to do the following:

newmail.header.from = oldmail.header.to

In case you wonder why the heck do I have 400 different addresses? I use a database-driven wildcard email server, so I can sign up to every website with a different e-mail address, which is very good, because I can find out spam sources easily and block them.

Dragony