[Users] Patch proposal: deselect on delete

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Nov 8 11:39:12 CET 2020

On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 12:10:23 +0100
Luc Pardon via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> The deleted message should not disappear from the summary list, it must
> only be marked as “deleted”. However, the message text *must* disappear
> from the message window below.

Go to /Configuration/Preferences/Display/Summaries, and on the 'Message List'
tab uncheck "Execute immediately when moving or deleting messages".

Use /Tools/Execute to perform the action.

> Also, I want to be able to delete an unread message (using the context
> menu), without being forced to look at it. So here too, the text must not
> be loaded in the message window.

Go to /Configuration/Preferences/Display/Summaries, and on the 'Message List'
and in the 'Open message when selected' frame uncheck everything, (or what
suits you).

> More in general, the mail client must never automatically select - let
> alone open - a message for me. That is my decision.

The selector always moves, backwards or forwards dependent on that hidden
preference you found, but the newly selected message needn't be opened (and
therefore won't be marked as read).

with regards

Paul