[Users] Patch proposal: deselect on delete

Luc Pardon claws-user at skopos.be
Sun Nov 8 11:54:41 CET 2020

On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 11:39:12 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

Thanks Paul, it's appreciated.

I had found the "execute immediately" and other settings, and in fact
it is because it came closer and closer that I kept looking.

But here is the catch:

> > More in general, the mail client must never automatically select -
> > let alone open - a message for me. That is my decision.
>
> The selector always moves, backwards or forwards dependent on that
> hidden preference you found, but the newly selected message needn't
> be opened (and therefore won't be marked as read).

Yes, indeed, the selector always moves, and that is "Ungood".

Whne I say "client must not automatically select" anything, I also mean
that I want the selector to stay on the deleted message, so I can use
the arrow keys from there. Sometimes, that will be up, sometimes down,
depending on the batch of messages I happen to be dealing with at that
moment.

Best,