[Users] Filtering and processing USENET

Leon Fisk lfiskgr at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:10:33 CEST 2020

On Fri, 8 May 2020 05:55:48 -0700
Tom <tgrom.automail at nuegia.net> wrote:

<snip>
>Sounds to me maybe claws isn't the best suited for USENET access then.
>Unless I've got something wrong having the killfile for USENET is
>vitally important to hide all the spam. Thanks for clarifying though.

I've been using it to read five NNTP Usenet groups for 10 years now. I
wanted a Linux solution that was similar to Agent. It took a little
getting use to but it beats anything Agent could do back at that time,
especially the filtering. This is a screen shot of the processing rules
from one of the nastier groups. I run this one manually after entering
the folder. All my others run automatically upon entering the
folder...

--
Leon
Claws 3.17.3, Debian