[Users] Filtering and processing USENET

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Fri May 8 14:55:48 CEST 2020

On Fri, 8 May 2020 08:43:11 -0400
Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 May 2020 15:14:17 -0700
> Tom <tgrom.automail at nuegia.net> wrote:
>
> >I am a bit confused between what the difference of Filtering and
> >Processing does in claws-mail. Also when I setup filtering rules they
> >never work because they think they don't apply to the correct account
> >if the account is NNTP. Making me have to click tools>filter>apply
> >all rules to account every time I switch newsgroups. Does anybody
> >have a solution to this?
>
> No expert here... As far as I know filtering only works on the Inbox.
> I doubt if your NNTP brings in new messages there. Processing rules
> work on individual folders or most likely in your case Use/News group
> messages.
Sounds to me maybe claws isn't the best suited for USENET access then.
Unless I've got something wrong having the killfile for USENET is
vitally important to hide all the spam. Thanks for clarifying though.
> You can set Processing rules to run on Startup, upon
> entering a folder or do it manually. However if you don't have a
> dependable, speedy Internet connection it can be slow to update upon
> entering folders.
It really is. Especially since claws-mail seems to check each account
sequentially, rather than using parallelism.

--
 _____________________________________
/ If what they've been doing hasn't   \
| solved the problem, tell them to do |