[Users] Filtering and processing USENET

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Fri May 8 23:44:17 CEST 2020

On Fri, 8 May 2020 09:10:33 -0400
Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 May 2020 05:55:48 -0700
> Tom <tgrom.automail at nuegia.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >Sounds to me maybe claws isn't the best suited for USENET access
> >then. Unless I've got something wrong having the killfile for USENET
> >is vitally important to hide all the spam. Thanks for clarifying
> >though.
>
> I've been using it to read five NNTP Usenet groups for 10 years now. I
> wanted a Linux solution that was similar to Agent. It took a little
> getting use to but it beats anything Agent could do back at that time,
> especially the filtering. This is a screen shot of the processing
> rules from one of the nastier groups. I run this one manually after
> entering the folder. All my others run automatically upon entering the
> folder...

Sure, but I am subscribed to over over 40 newsgroups. It's impractical
for me to treat each and every newsgroup with it's own filtering and
run filtering manually.

/ "Nietzsche says that we will live the  \
| same life, over and over again. God -- |
| I'll have to sit through the Ice       |
| Capades again." -- Woody Allen's       |
\ character in "Hannah and Her Sisters"  /
\
 \
   /\   /\