[Users] Fresh Installation of Claws-Mail

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Fri May 1 19:21:31 CEST 2020

On Fri, 1 May 2020 19:12:58 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via Users
<users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 May 2020 13:57:52 -0000, Paul wrote:
> >On Fri, 01 May 2020 15:13:43 +0200
> >Ralf Mardorf via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, if dillo is installed, it should work.
> >
> >Dillo being installed is not the same as the dillo-plugin being
> >installed.
> >
> >According to this page, there is no dillo plugin, no fancy plugin and
> >no litehml plugin package.
> >https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=claws-mail&stype=all
>
> I assumed the OP did build claws from ports, too, so the build time
> dependency would be fulfilled to build the plugin, assuming dillo was
> build before claws was build. Quite some assumptions, but probably my
> first reply shed some light on my intention.
>
> I didn't take a look at the FreeBSD ports, however, my self-build
> Ubuntu package doesn't split claws into several packages, it's one
> build that results in one package. Arch Linux from official Arch
> repositories does the same, it's not a split package.

I had some mail exchange with Chris, port maintainer. There is PR in
process to address this issue, so ports for dillo and litehtml_viewer
plugin should be available some time soon(tm). I did test them already
and both work for me, my personal preference is litehtml_viewer.

Regards,
Milan