[Users] Standard view split pane drag handle

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 18:58:43 CEST 2020

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:44:54 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>For example, with "Display header pane above message view" checked and
>unchecked Claws does chose the correct position for the handle, but
>the overall layout is unfavourable, because with another layout there
>would be no need to move the handle.
                     ^^^^
                     Sure, it doesn't really move, it stays at the same
                     position, but in relation to the message view, it
                     makes a huge jump, when checking or unchecking
                     this option. That is one reason, why it is a less
                     optimal GUI design.
                     I don't care about it, since it's neither
                     catastrophic, nor even annoying for my taste, but
                     I do understand that for one user it's at least
                     surprising.