[Users] Standard view split pane drag handle

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 13:04:49 CET 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:33:56 -0400, Little Girl wrote:
>Paul wrote:
>>John Crisp wrote:
>
>>> Any ideas if this can be modified, is an accident or by design?
>>>

>>The design of the GTK theme you are using, perhaps. Here any part of
>>the horizontal edge, along the full width of the message view, can
>>be grabbed.
>
>I thought I'd jump in here and say that I currently use Ubuntu MATE
>and I can grab only the right edge of any vertical dividers and only
>the bottom edge of any horizontal dividers, but I have full control
>over their placement once I grab them. Maybe the OP needs to slowly
>move the mouse across the entire width of the divider and see if the
>mouse changes on any one part of it.

I suspect it's a misunderstanding. Between the message list and the
preview pane, there is a search bar widget. My guess is that the OP
thinks the search bar widget belongs to the border of the preview pane,
hence the the OP does expect dragging should work above and not below
the search bar widget. IMO it's a valid expectation, since dragging
doesn't allow to resize the search bar widget, it does resize the size
of the message list and the preview pane, while the search bar widget
stays at its size. It would be plausible, if dragging would have to be
done on top of the search bar widget, dragging at the bottom of this
widget is indeed quite unusual.