[Users] Standard view split pane drag handle

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 13:19:48 CET 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 13:04:49 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>I suspect it's a misunderstanding. Between the message list and the
>preview pane, there is a search bar widget. My guess is that the OP
>thinks the search bar widget belongs to the border of the preview pane,
>hence the the OP does expect dragging should work above and not below
>the search bar widget. IMO it's a valid expectation, since dragging
>doesn't allow to resize the search bar widget, it does resize the size
>of the message list and the preview pane, while the search bar widget
>stays at its size. It would be plausible, if dragging would have to be
>done on top of the search bar widget, dragging at the bottom of this
>widget is indeed quite unusual.

PS: Maybe the OP does use the same setting as I do.

Configuration > Preferences... > Message View > Text options

[ ] Display header pane above message view

Paul and Little Girl might have checked "Display header pane above
message view", so the "line" where dragging could be done is "quasi"
(not really) at another position.