[Users] Learning curve!

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 03:40:11 CEST 2020

Hey there,

I'm using an older copy of Claws Mail (version 3.13.2), so some of my
answers below may need to be adapted if your copy is more recent.

Jack wrote:

>Number one I would like to make my own theme I have a lot of icons
>please let me know what I need to download and how I need to do
>it...I cannot seem to find anything at all on how to do it thank you

I'm not sure if this will help, but there was recently a discussion
on customizing the CSS for Claws Mail in this thread:

https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2020-May/026161.html

>number two I have looked through the settings continuously and when
>I go to reply to an e-mail my reply is always at the bottom of the
>quoted original text. I would like to fix this please

Someone else has already answered this.

>number three it keeps saying cannot add my message to the queue

In my older copy of Claws Mail, I would open the "Configuration"
menu, then click "Edit accounts..." and then click the "Edit" button
next to the account that has the issue, then choose the "Advanced"
tab and check whether a location has been specified for queued
messages, adding one if it hasn't.

>number four I am looking for a stop button it seems it doesn't want
>to do anything including compose when it is checking mail and I have
>several directories in my email so I'd like to know if I can add a
>stop button or where the stop is.

My older copy of Claws Mail has a Stop button in the toolbar. I can't
remember if it was there or if I added it, but if you don't have one,
you could try opening the "Configuration" menu, choosing
"Preferences" and "Toolbars" and "Main Window" and then adding it.

>lastly:
>when I open the clawsmail, in inbox view, it never wants to start at
>the top of the messages. Even though the most recent is at the top,
>it will highlight and start a couple months down the list.

In my older copy of Claws Mail, I can open the "Configuration" menu,
choose "Preferences" and "Display" and "Summaries" and then click on
the "Set default selection when entering a folder" button inside of
the "Message list" section. That gives seven choices for how I'd like
Claws Mail to behave when I open a folder.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.