[Users] Claws Mail using 100% CPU

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 2 00:27:09 CEST 2020

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 14:25:04 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> You have one successful connection to server
> mail.aussiebroadband.com.au where we see you have no messages, (lines
> 52-61).
>
> You then connect again to this server, line 151, and it stalls.
>
> It could be that the server limits the number of connections within a
> certain time frame.

Okay thanks. I'll ask the company that handle that. But if the server
had that limit, wouldn't it send an indication (like the old ENQ/ACK)
to the mail client to 'wait' or similar ?

> Go to /Configuration/Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous and set the
> 'Socket I/O timeout' to something lo, like 5 or 10 seconds. What's
> your current value?

The current value is 225 for some reason. It seems a generic thing
though, that setting. If I lower it, other accounts may not retrieve
emails, it will just timeout all the time.

Regards,

Peter