[Users] Claws Mail using 100% CPU

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 16:25:04 CEST 2020

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:40:57 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I was using the debug feature yesterday and it locked/froze again with
> very high CPU. In 2 hours, this is all that was done ..
>
> 	https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/V8Bf9m7q33/
>
> Is there anything in that log that would suggest what tis the cause of
> the problem ?

You have one successful connection to server  mail.aussiebroadband.com.au
where we see you have no messages, (lines 52-61).

You then connect again to this server, line 151, and it stalls.

It could be that the server limits the number of connections within a certain
time frame.

Go to /Configuration/Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous and set the 'Socket I/O
timeout' to something lo, like 5 or 10 seconds. What's your current value?

with regards

Paul