[Users] Claws Mail using 100% CPU

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 09:05:41 CEST 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 08:27:09 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Okay thanks. I'll ask the company that handle that. But if the server
> had that limit, wouldn't it send an indication (like the old ENQ/ACK)
> to the mail client to 'wait' or similar ?

Not necessarily.

> The current value is 225 for some reason. It seems a generic thing
> though, that setting. If I lower it, other accounts may not retrieve
> emails, it will just timeout all the time.

Why do you think that? Do some of your accounts take more than 5 or 10
seconds to connect? I don't think any of them would need 225 seconds, and
that means you'd wait over 3 minutes for a failing connection. Why not just
try it? You can always change the value again later.

In fact, setting it to 5 or 10 seconds might well answer your first question.

with regards

Paul