[Users] Replacement for 'dillo' plugin

15044 at rharkins.com 15044 at rharkins.com
Thu Jan 23 13:07:03 CET 2020

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 06:01:42 -0500
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p5 amd64
> claws-mail version 3.17.4
>
> I think I asked this question before; however, I was wondering if
> there has been any movement on it.
>
> Unfortunately, on a FreeBSD system, the "fancy" plugin is not
> available.
>
> Port:   mail/claws-mail-fancy
> Moved:
> Date:   2019-03-24
> Reason: Has expired: webkit-gtk* last release in 2016 and security
> issues

Good morning Jerry,
Like you I use FreeBSD and Claws-mail and ran into the inability to
render HTML emails.  Using Claws-mail as distributed by FreeBSD, the
functionality of fancy, Dillo, and Litehtml seams to be missing.  I
updated to FreeBSD 12.1 with no improvement.

Where I ended up is compiling Claws-mail from the git repositary.  Both
the Dillo and LiteHTML are now available. Many emails are not rendered
by either. The "open with" feature and an external web browser works.

I asked a question and received 2 replies, both with useful information:
https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2019-December/025241.html

I do not understand the situation with FreeBSD.  Given the evolution
rate of HTML and web browsers, handing off to an external browser seams
reasonable.

R.Harkins