[Users] Duplicated sub-folders after Rebuild-Folder-Tree

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Fri Dec 4 23:50:27 CET 2020

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020, at 22:04, Ralph wrote:

> Folks, including you, really need to READ the original post in the
> thread you are replying to, before you reply to it.

That's not wholely realistic.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who
doesn't necessarily get interested in a thread when it first starts,
and doesn't necessarily keep every post within it.  And, yes while
in theory I could go looking for the mail list's archive, I probably
won't.

> The version under discussion is the version written for Windows,
> specifically the 64 bit version.  It has nothing to do with the linux
> versions or any other.

... except that it uses mostly the same code, Claws-wise, does it
not?  But a bigger problem might be the ports of all the many
different dependencies that Claws relies on.

Those ports will have been made by programmers who will have
made different assumptions - perhaps not converting unix/linux
concepts terribly well onto ones that suit the Windows OS.

I was told that the known flakiness of an earlier 64-bit Windows
version of Claws was thought to be a consequence of an issue
in the Windows port of (was it?) libcairo.

> Or do you have a fix or even a suggestion on how to debug the
> multiple times daily when claws simply crashes and shuts down?

I don't think that's possible unless you've also got a WIndows port of
gdb (maybe other debuggers work too?), and the knowledge to use
it, and - something that as far as I know the Claws project doesn't
make available - the debugging symbol data that corresponds to the
build you're using.  (Trying to find out how to get that data was where
I started looking into how to do a Windows build, in summer 2017.)

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.